Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Comment of the day...

I cannot believe how quickly the day goes by when working with first grade students! It reminds me of being in a play.  The minute you step into that classroom you are "on". I'm delighted to see how all my training and experience in acting and music so naturally fits right into my teaching. Today was another day of observing and jumping in whenever my mentor teacher asked me to jump in.  The kiddo's have been asking me to bring my guitar all week and tomorrow is the day! I will be reading the book "Pete the Cat" and singing and playing a little "blues" song that goes along with the story.  It's a great story and we should have so much fun! Music is such an amazing teaching tool. The "comment of the day"came from a little boy who tugged on my sleeve and looked up at me and said, "Ms. M, you're beautiful!" How sweet is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment