Saturday, November 6, 2010

Week One-Check!

Wow! The first week of my student teaching just flew by! Thursday was my guitar debut with the kids.  I did my lesson from the book "Pete the Cat" and sang and played my guitar to the song in the book.  The kids LOVED the story and the song.  They sang it enthusiastically and had the biggest grins on their faces. :)  Of course when I was finished they said, "again! sing it again!"  So I did round two.  Thursday's after second recess has been dubbed "Music with Ms. M" time.  Love it!  There is hardly a moment to sit during the day and the 1/2 hour lunch break is usually spent preparing for the afternoon lessons so I am exhausted when I get home (I stay after school to plan for the next day, as do most teachers).  But it is a contented exhaustion if there is such a thing!  Next week I will take over teaching the reading groups and my supervisor comes to watch me teach a "character education" lesson. Stay tuned! Comment of the day on Friday...."You're a ROCK STAR Ms. M!"

No comments:

Post a Comment